Funding Support Service
Maldon and District Community Voluntary Service can support local groups with funding by:
Identifying potential funders for projects and core costs
- Members can access M&DCVS resources and databases to search for charitable trusts and grant making bodies that may support their organisation.
- If preferred members can fill out a funding search form and M&DCVS will prepare a report of potential funders to approach.
Keeping members up to date with funder deadlines and new funding streams
- Members receive a quarterly newsletter with pages dedicated to funding information.
- Members can request to receive regular Ebulletins and monthly funding newsheets containing information on approaching deadlines, time limited opportunities and new funding streams.
- Members will receive occasional mailings from M&DCVS on request of local funders such as Essex County Council keeping them up to date with their funding programmes.
Assisting members to put together funding applications
- M&DCVS can help members to write funding bids or review bids before they are submitted.
- M&DCVS offers support with putting together realistic budgets, including advice on full cost recovery.
- Members can access support to put together evidence that may be requested from funders, for example: an Equal Opportunities policy, Safeguarding Policy or Monitoring processes.
- Members can access the M&DCVS Resource Library at any time to find publications on successful bid writing, full cost recovery, sustainability and much more.
Many of the services above will be relevant to organisations wishing to be commissioned to deliver services. M&DCVS has also produced a toolkit to support organisations looking into commissioning for the first time. It covers:
- A general introduction to commissioning
- The legalities
- How to find out about tender opportunities
- The process of putting together a tender.
Contact the M&DCVS office to request your copy of this electronic toolkit.
For more information on how M&DCVS can help or to discuss your organisations needs, contact us on 01621 851891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org